Dunkeswell Parish Council
Welcome to the Dunkeswell Parish Council website.
This site has been developed to give the residents access to their Parish Council.
We regularly update these pages to communicate what the Parish Council wishes to achieve throughout the year and what progress is being made on any current projects. we hope to develop these pages to incorporate more information and also a community events page.
We are open to ideas for information that you feel would be useful or new pages, all suggestions are welcome!
If you have an issue and require help or to report a problem in the community, please take a look at the responsibilities below to ensure you are contacting the most appropriate organisation, this will help you to get the quickest response to your question. Thank you
Dunkeswell Parish Council
- Commenting on Planning applications
- Commenting on Tree applications
- Parks – Churchill Park, New Century Park and MUGA/Sportsfield
- Open spaces – Dog Walking Path
- Air Ambulance Night Landing site
- Parish owned spaces and buildings
- Small Grants to local organisations
- Public Rights of Way Footpaths
East Devon District Council
- Environmental Health
- Council Tax
- Refuse collection
- kerbside recycling
- Street cleaning
Devon County Council (Please use the link below to access a full list of responsibilities)
- Public Rights of way
- Schools and Libraries
- Blue Badges
- Overgrown vegetation, Street Lighting, Potholes
- Social Care , Children’s and Youth Services
- Recycling Centres
Access to Information
We have already incorporated an archive of the Parish Council minutes from meetings January 2005 onwards and will continue to upload the latest dates and minutes from all the Parish Council meetings onto this site.
We will use the News and Events column to keep you informed about local information and other items which we think are important for you to know. The column will also carry details about what’s happening in the area and we encourage the organisers of events to let us know, using the contact form, so we can provide further publicity for your activities.
Who are we?
For a detailed list of all current members, please visit the councillors page.
What Do the Parish Council Do?
• The Parish Council regularly meet to discuss local issues
• Support and encourage ongoing community engagement initiatives
• Maintain devolved assets at a local level
• Support the economic diversity and prosperity of the village
• Review planning applications and make comment as appropriate
Here you will find all the latest updates from the Parish Council, Community Groups and others as well as information on Local Events that are happening in our area.
For the locations and times of Parish Council meetings please refer to the individual agendas.
Welcome to the Meetings Calendar, all Parish Council Meeting dates & venues can be found here.